I’ve had a very productive week! The girls attended a 4-H summer day camp in the mornings; they had a fantastic time and I got a bit of relaxing and knitting done.
I finished the body of the Gathered Pullover.
I did make a few modifications. I added a smidge of waist-shaping, afraid that otherwise I’d end up with a very baggy sweater. I also had to knit a few extra rows (about 3/4 of an inch) above the cable to make the armhole/neckline placement work with my row gauge, which is off from the pattern.
I sewed up the shoulders and am very, very pleased with the fit (modeled by the patient and headless Zoe.)
My big accomplishment for the week is the completion of my most ambitious spinning project to date. This is what one pound of targhee wool looks like when it’s been spun into 1890 yards of fingering weight yarn:
Again, it’s the “Blueberry Patch” colorway by Susan’s Spinning Bunny.
Getting through the end of such a large (for me) spinning project was a bit difficult. Having the “Ten Minutes a Day” pledge and unofficial “group” on Plurk helped a lot! But with it finished, I needed something new to work on.
This is the “Pumpkin Juice” batt from Enchanted Knoll’s sock batts club. It’s one of the easiest-drafting fibers I’ve ever spun. I’m in love; no, I’m addicted. Josette definitely puts something more than plain wool-fumes into her batts…
All for now.